Employee Referral Benchmark Study
An analysis of employee referral programs in 143 companies
Referrals are everywhere. They guide our decisions. They’re credible, free of charge and save time. We pass them on to friends and acquaintances.
For 85% of companies, employee referrals are an integral part of their recruiting strategy. Nevertheless, we are often confronted with similar questions such as:
- How does my employee referral program compare to others?
- Which reward (amount) brings us the most referrals?
- What referral hire rate can we expect?
- How can we use employee referrals as a scalable and measurable success strategy in recruiting?
We collected data from 143 companies, and, in the following study, we provide you with the answers.
About the study
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to employee referral program success. Depending on industry, culture, company size and internal programs and structures, every company must find its own strategy. This study provides a basis for this and reveals general trends.
- It gives insights into the success and use of employee referral programs.
- It supports HR managers with the internal creation of a business case.
- It provides insights that will help companies define their own referral strategy.